Step 1 – Register Online
To register your child, please visit the EMSA Site and follow the links. If your child(ren) have not played indoor or outdoor soccer, you will need to create a household account in the EMSA Soccer Portal. After you create the household account, you can complete your child’s outdoor soccer registration. If your child(ren) have played indoor or outdoor soccer recently, you simply need to log back into your account and complete your outdoor registration.
Step 2 – Deliver your deposit cheque and documents
Gather together the following documents and place them in an envelope labelled with your child’s name and the name of your community (Duggan/Empire Park):
- A copy of your completed player registration form (one for each player).
- Proof of address (copy of Driver’s License or Utility Bill).
- Proof of player birth date (copy of Alberta Health Care card, Birth Certificate or Passport).
- Copy of 2022/23 Community League Membership Card valid until August 31, 2023. Membership cards are available to purchase online at efcl.org or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration Fee, either:
- Cheque with current payment date, OR
- A copy of the receipt forwarded via e-mail to you by SWEMSA, if you paid online via credit card.
- Volunteer/Uniform Deposit Cheque, post-dated to June 30, 2023 for $200.00, no cash accepted.
Deliver these documents, fee/deposit cheques, etc. to the office of the Southwest Edmonton Minor Soccer Association (SWEMSA) at #211, 11 Fairway Drive. Mail slot is open from 8:30am to 6:00pm). Electronic copies of your documents can also be sent by email to email@example.com.
The deadline for ‘on-time’ registration is March 15. After that date, registration is on a ‘wait list’ basis, and team placement will be based on availability.
Registration is not considered complete until the online application is completed, payment and deposit cheque is received and required paperwork is confirmed.
If your child is trying out for the Southwest Sting FC program and is offered a spot on a team, your Community soccer cheques will be destroyed and you will be required to issue payment directly to the club soccer program. In this case, the Volunteer/Uniform Deposit cheque written to your community will also be shredded.
For more information on registering your child for the 2023 Outdoor Soccer Season, please visit SWEMSA’s registration page at emsasouthwest.com/play/programs-benefits/outdoor
Looking for Financial Assistance?
If you are applying for financial assistance, you must complete the online application BEFORE attending a payment session. You also need to bring a copy of your confirmation of application to the payment session.
Canadian Tire Jumpstart: